Integration of Subscribers and Friends of the BSA UK
The proposed integration of the Subscribers and the Friends of the BSA UK was discussed by those attending our AGM on 6 February 2018. The response has been overwhelmingly positive, and we are delighted to report that Council has approved the integration. We have chosen to brand the three tiers of Subscriber – Friends, Pendlebury Circle, and Director’s Circle – collectively, as the School’s ‘supporters’. All donations received from our supporters who are UK taxpayers will be eligible for Gift Aid. The entitlements for each tier of supporters are outlined below.
Please note that the new arrangements will come into effect on 1 January 2019 with annual renewal taking place on 1 January each year thereafter. The membership application form in which you indicate the level of support at which you wish to join will be sent out in September 2018, together with a Direct Debit form for your bank and a new Gift Aid form. These should be returned by 1 November, when payments from supporters will be processed.
The School kindly asks that you cancel any existing standing order for subscription. In future this method of payment will no longer be available to supporters. Instead, the School strongly requests that donations are made via Direct Debit, which is the easiest method of payment. You will also be able to set up a Direct Debit through the BSA’s new website, when this goes live later this summer. The School will continue to accept donations via cash or cheque. Please note that, in order to avoid heavy postal costs, supporters will receive communications from the BSA via e-mail unless otherwise requested.
Become a Supporter of the BSA
The BSA’s supporters are an important part of our community. You will be joining a unique organisation that has an unparalleled impact on the humanities and social sciences worldwide.
Join the Friends (£40) and receive:
- A tailored programme of lectures, trips and museum visits
- A monthly e-Bulletin and Newsletter twice a year
- Opportunities to vote at the School’s AGM in London
- Ability to purchase Annual of the BSA and Archaeological Reports
Join the Pendlebury Circle (£150-1000) and receive, in addition to Friends’ entitlements:
- Invitations to our annual Garden Party in London and to dinner with the Director in London
- Behind-the-scenes tours in museums and exhibition previews
- Priority booking arrangements for BSA events
- Invitation to dinner following Upper House seminars (with prior notice)
- Pre-arranged private tours of the School to view facilities and meet BSA staff
- Recognition on the BSA website and newsletter
Join the Director’s Circle (£1001 and over) and receive the following further entitlements:
- Invitations to trips accompanied by the Director to museums and archaeological sites in Greece that are currently being excavated by the BSA or other foreign institutes in Athens
All supporters are welcome to book accommodation at the School’s Hostel in Athens, subject to availability.