Cookies are pieces of data, normally stored in text files, that websites place on visitors’ devices to store information specific to these devices. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the device used. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally-identifying information from any source.
Web browsers normally allow control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to disable or delete them please visit https://cookiepedia.co.uk/.
Depending on your browser settings and the page you visit, the following cookies may be set on your device:
- _ga – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Set by Google Analytics.
- _gat – This cookie does not store any user information; it’s just used to limit the number of requests that have to be made to doubleclick.net. Set by Google Analytics.
- _gid – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Set by Google Analytics.
- GPS – Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location. Set by YouTube.
- IDE – Used by DoubleClick (Google) to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.
- NID – This cookie contains a unique ID Google uses to remember your preferences and other information, such as your preferred language, how many search results you wish to have shown per page, and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch filter turned on.
- NSC_ – Used to ensure traffic and user data is routed to the correct locations where a site is hosted on multiple servers, so that the end user has a consistent experience.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE – Keeps track of user preferences for Youtube videos embedded in sites; it can also determine whether the website visitor is using the new or old version of the Youtube interface.
- YSC – Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.
If you disable or delete cookies, some pages on this website may not function properly, including the video archive and interactive maps.