UPDATE – PLEASE READ!
In response to the Greek government’s announcement of a partial and staged relaxation of measures to reduce the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the BSA has reviewed its policies and practices as follows. Except where stated, these remain in place until further notice.
- Staff continue to work from home, where possible, as their normal pattern and can be contacted by email through our webpage: https://www.bsa.ac.uk/about-us/people/. The London Office remains closed.
- However, the Athens Office will have at least one staff member available during normal office hours (0900-1600 Monday – Friday).
- Visits to the BSA in Athens or Knossos for valid reasons are now possible during office hours, but only by appointment in advance.
- In keeping with revised government advice, wearing a mask is advised in all interior spaces when more than one person is present.
- Following the statement by the Minister of Education on Wednesday 29 April, the BSA Athens and Knossos Libraries remain closed to everyone except BSA staff until further notice.
- The Athens Hostel remains closed at least until 1 June 2020.
- Depending on how the situation develops, the Teachers’ Course may take place (17-21 July 2020) and the Undergraduate Summer Course (23 August – 12 September 2020). Participants have been notified and are advised not to make travel bookings until the courses are confirmed.
- All physical BSA events in Athens, Knossos and in the UK remain postponed until further notice, including the Athens Garden Party scheduled for 29 May 2020. A programme of virtual events is underway and notification of further such events will be posted here and advertised by email and on social media.
- The BSA grounds remain closed to everyone except staff or visitors by appointment.
The measures that remain in place are necessary to continue to reduce the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in the wider community and the BSA is happy to play its part in this effort. It may be necessary to vary the above policies and practices at short notice depending on changing circumstances. So, please check our website and social media regularly for further updates.
Many thanks for your cooperation – stay safe!