BSA Archive Project Assistant
1821 Finlay Digitisation Project
The British School at Athens is pleased to announce an Archive Project Assistant post as part of the BSA research project, Unpublished Archives of British Philhellenism During the Greek Revolution of 1821, generously supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
The successful candidate will work closely with the BSA Archivist and the BSA 1821 Fellow in Modern Greek Studies to deliver a digital catalogue of the George Finlay Personal Papers to be made available online as part of the objectives of this BSA research project outlined in the Further Particulars.
The position is available for a fulltime 6-month fixed term post from September 20, 2021 and will be based in Athens.
• Converting the catalogue of the George Finlay Personal Papers from analogue to digital form;
• Migrating and curating the digital catalogue to ISAD (G) standards to Collection Management Software (CMS), EMu (Electronic Museum Management System-Axiell ALM);
• Organising and delivering selected items from the collection for digitisation and curating the digital data in the EMu system.
Gross salary € 9,500 for 6-month contract
• a postgraduate archive qualification;
• excellent knowledge of the management of archives and manuscripts;
• excellent computer and data entry skills;
• experience of cataloguing and working with electronic collection management systems;
• excellent written and spoken English (to mother-tongue standard).
• Previous experience working on a digitisation project;
• highly-motivated and enthusiastic, with excellent interpersonal and organisation skills, and ability to work independently;
• interest in history.
Further information about the post and about the BSA is available via this link Informal enquiries about the post may be addressed to the Archivist, Ms Amalia Kakissis (email@example.com).
Applications should be sent by email as a signed pdf attachment to the School Administrator, Mrs Tania Gerousi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants should supply the following:-
A covering letter (of no more than two pages), giving the applicant’s contact details, outlining the reasons for applying, giving details of supporting enclosures, and summarising the applicant’s principal qualifications for the job;
A curriculum vitae, giving details of past employment, academic and other qualifications and other relevant experience;
The names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of two referees, whom the candidate has contacted in advance and who have agreed to supply letters of reference sent directly to email@example.com by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 21 May 2021. Interviews will take place on Thursday 10 June 2021 by teleconferencing.