Publication Digest – Knossos 2022/23
Despite going through a hectic period, amid preparations for the redevelopment of the Stratigraphical Museum in order to provide future generations of researchers world-class facilities for research, there has been significant academic activity at Knossos last year. Here’s a list of publications made by members of the British School and academics affiliated with the BSA:
- Christakis K. 2023: ‘The Knossos Research Centre: from Evans to the Present (and into the Future)’ in A. Shapland (ed.) Labyrinth: Knossos, Myth & Reality, Oxford , 37-39.
- Kelly, A., & O’Neill, B. 2023: The Roman Aqueduct of Knossos, a model for nineteenth-century aqueduct design. ABSA, 1-49. doi:10.1017/S0068245422000156
- Knappett C., Macdonald C.F., Mathioudaki I. 2023: Knossos: From First to Second Palace: An Integrated Ceramic, Stratigraphic, and Architectural Study, BSA Supplementary Volume 52.
- Moles, A.C. 2023: Urbanism and its impact on human health: a long-term study at Knossos, Crete. British Archaeological Reports.
- Moles, A.C. 2023: ‘Dental disease reflects differential diets and changes in consumption over time at Knossos’. International Journal of Osteoarchaeology, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1002/oa.3199
- Cadogan G. 2022: ‘Hugh in the Sixties’, in J. Driessen and C. Knappett (eds.), Megistos Kouros. Studies in Honour of Hugh Sackett. Aegis 23. Louvain-la-Neuve: 31–33.
- Cadogan G. 2022: ‘Material culture vs socio-political organisation in Pre- and Protopalatial Crete: lies or targeted truths?’, in G. J. van Wijngaarden and J. Driessen (eds.), Political Geographies of the Bronze Age Aegean. Babesch Supplement 43. Leuven, Paris and Bristol, CT: 209–15.
- Isaakidou V., Halstead P. Stroud E.Sarpaki A., Hatzaki E., Nitsch E. and Bogaard A. 2022: ‘Changing Land Use and Political Economy at Neolithic and Bronze Age Knossos, Crete: Stable Carbon (δ13C) and Nitrogen (δ15N) Isotope Analysis of Charred Crop Grains and Faunal Bone Collagen.’ Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society: 1-37. DOI: 10.1017/ppr.2022.4
- Moles, A.C., Reade, H., Jourdan, A. and Stevens, R.E. 2022: ‘Stable isotopes reveal dietary shifts associated with social change in Hellenistic, Roman and Late Antique Knossos’. Journal of Archaeological Science Reports 42: 103609. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jasrep.2022.103609
- Oddo, E. 2022. Knossos: The House of the Frescoes, BSA Supplementary Volume 51.
- Paton S. 2022: ‘The so-called Villa Dionysos at Knossos’, ABSA 117, 311-351.
- Prezioso, E., Alessandroni, N. 2022: ‘Enacting memories through and with things: Remembering as material engagement.’ Memory Studies, Online First. doi:10.1177/17506980221108475
- Prezioso, E. 2022: ‘The role of aesthetics for memory: A material-engagement approach to the making of Knossian Kamares decorations’, in P. Kapsali & R. Phillips (eds.), (Vol. 37.2, pp. 42-68). Aesthetics, sensory skills, and archaeology: Archaeological Review from Cambridge.
- Styring, A. K., Carmona C. U., Isaakidou V., Karathanou A., Nicholls G. K., Sarpaki A. and Bogaard A. 2022: ‘Urban form and scale shaped the agroecology of early ‘cities’ in northern Mesopotamia, the Aegean and Central Europe.’ Journal of Agrarian Change 22(4): 831-854. DOI: 10.1111/joac.12497