The British School at Athens issues Reader’s cards without charge, to members of other research institutions engaged in research on any aspect of Hellenic Studies including:
- Members of the Greek Archaeological Service
- Members of other Foreign Archaeological Institutions based in Greece
- Postgraduate and postdoctoral students currently engaged in research
- Greek undergraduates at UK universities without access to local university libraries.
New Readers can apply in person or online.
Admission through the entrance at 53 I. Patera Street, Monday & Thursdays 11.00am-12.00am, & 3.00pm-4.00pm. This entrance is not for regular use.
Application forms are to be accompanied by:
- Two passport photographs
- A reference letter addressed to the School from the applicant’s supervisor, head of department, or another academic familiar with their research. Letters may be brought by hand, posted, faxed, or sent by official e-mail. Members of the Greek Archaeological Service and Foreign Archaeological Institutions do not need a reference letter, but must show their official Ministry or Museum cards.
Visitors who do not fall into the above category of user must ask for help at the library office or, telephone 211 1022820, or email email@example.com.
Opening hours and address: Entrance is at 53 Ioannou Diamanti Patera Street.
The library is open between Monday and Friday, 9.00am – 7.00pm, except on public holidays.
Lectures & other Events: Readers are welcome to attend the School’s open lectures and Upper House Seminars. Check the BSA website, or the library notice-board for announcements.