The Society for the Promotion of Hellenic Studies offers up to two annual bursaries of £200 each to enable students enrolled in a UK universities to participate in a fieldwork project (excavation, survey, study season). Preference will be given to students participating in British School at Athens projects, engaged in postgraduate research, or unable to secure funding from other sources.
Candidates must have the support of the field project director prior to applying for the award. A link to the application portal will be available on this page soon. Applications and letters for reference should reach the Assistant Director by the closing date 30th April 2023.
The recipient is required to submit a short report on the use of the award to the Assistant Director by September 10th of the year in which the award was given.
If you are interested in applying, please provide your email and a link to an online form will be sent to you:
- Laura Sharp (University of York) 21/22
- Matthew Evans (University of Warwick) 21/22
- Christian Lindesay (University of Wales Trinity Saint David) 20/21
- Matthew Evans (University of Warwick) 20/21
- Irene Liesk (Birkbeck, University of London) 18/19
- James Hua (Durham University) 18/19
- Giannis Apostolou (University of Oxford) 17/18
- Hannah Gwyther (University of Bristol) 17/18
- Alexia Miltiadou Johansson (University of Liverpool) 16/17
- Ellis Cuffe (University of Liverpool) 16/17
- Paul Flintoft (University of Sheffield) 14/15
- Nicholas Moult (University of Leicester) 13/14
- Konstantinos Papadopoulos (University of Southampton) 12/13