The Society for the Promotion of Hellenic Studies offers up to two annual bursaries of £200 each to enable students enrolled in a UK university to participate in a British School at Athens fieldwork project (excavation, survey, study season). Preference will be given to students engaged in postgraduate research.
Candidates must have been selected by the project director prior to applying for the award; they should submit a letter of application and Curriculum Vitae (maximum length two pages) to the Assistant Director (firstname.lastname@example.org). Letters of application should include: the name of the fieldwork project (including project director’s name), a statement of the purpose of the application, and the name, address, and e-mail of a referee.
The recipient is required to submit a short report on the use of the award to the Assistant Director by September 10th of the year in which the award was given.
The call for applications will open in February 2020.
- Giannis Apostolou (University of Oxford) 17/18
- Hannah Gwyther (University of Bristol) 17/18
- Alexia Miltiadou Johansson (University of Liverpool) 16/17
- Ellis Cuffe (University of Liverpool) 16/17
- Paul Flintoft (University of Sheffield) 14/15
- Nicholas Moult (University of Leicester) 13/14
- Konstantinos Papadopoulos (University of Southampton) 12/13