The Society for the Promotion of Hellenic Studies offers up to two annual bursaries of £200 each to enable students enrolled in a UK universities to participate in a fieldwork project (excavation, survey, study season). Preference will be given to students participating in British School at Athens projects, engaged in postgraduate research, or unable to secure funding from other sources.
Candidates must have the support of the field project director prior to applying for the award. They should then submit a letter of application to the Assistant Director (email@example.com). Letters of application should include: the name of the fieldwork project (including project director’s name), a statement of the purpose for participating in the field project, and a breakdown of other sources of funding available to the candidate. A letter of reference from the field project director must also reach the Assistant Director by the application closing date.
Applications and letters of reference should reach the Assistant Director by the closing date 30th April 2021.
The recipient is required to submit a short report on the use of the award to the Assistant Director by September 10th of the year in which the award was given.
- Irene Liesk (Birkbeck, University of London) 18/19
- James Hua (Durham University) 18/19
- Giannis Apostolou (University of Oxford) 17/18
- Hannah Gwyther (University of Bristol) 17/18
- Alexia Miltiadou Johansson (University of Liverpool) 16/17
- Ellis Cuffe (University of Liverpool) 16/17
- Paul Flintoft (University of Sheffield) 14/15
- Nicholas Moult (University of Leicester) 13/14
- Konstantinos Papadopoulos (University of Southampton) 12/13