The Richard Bradford McConnell Fund for Landscape Studies was inaugurated by gifts to the School’s Appeal from the Richard Bradford Trust to assist research in the interaction of place and people in Greece and Cyprus at any period. All disciplines of the arts, humanities and sciences (or any combination of them) are eligible. The Fund can offer grants to a total of £400 a year. Candidates should submit letters of application to the School Administrator, Mrs Tania Gerousi (firstname.lastname@example.org). Letters should not be longer than two pages and should include a statement of the purposes of the application and a budget and timetable for the proposed work, together with the name and address of a referee whom the awarding panel may consult.
Applications may be made for, but are not limited to, grants towards the maintenance costs of longer stays at museums and other study centres so as to achieve work that would not otherwise have been attempted. Applications must be received by 14th May 2021. Recipients of awards must have been admitted as members of the School before receiving their grants and are required to submit a short report to the School Administrator on the use of the grant by 30th April the following year.
- Sebastian Marshall (University of Cambridge) 21/22
- Carl Smith (University of Arkansas) 20/21
- Emlyn Dodd (Macquarie University) 20/21
- Huw Halstead (University of York) 18/19
- Larissa Tittl (University of Melbourne) 18/19
- Irene Kleisoura (University of Sheffield) 16/17
- Marie Datiles (UCL) 14/15
- Bella Dimova (University of Cambridge) 13/14
- Liz Cohen (University of Cambridge) 12/13
- Socrates Koursoumis (LZ’ Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities) 11/12
- Samuel Gartland (University of Leeds) 10/11
- Amanda Rose (University of Melbourne) 10/11