The John Morrison Memorial Fund for Hellenic Maritime Studies was inaugurated by gifts from the family of the late John Morrison in his memory. Its purpose is to further research into all branches of Hellenic maritime studies of any period. One or two grants, which are unlikely to be more than £500 in total, may be made. Grants may also be available from the Fund for buying maritime books and journals for the School’s Library.
Candidates should submit letters of application to the Assistant Director, Dr. Chryssanthi Papadopoulou, by e-mail (email@example.com). Letters should not be longer than two pages and should include a statement of the purposes of the application and a budget and timetable for the proposed work, together with the name and address of a referee whom the awarding panel may consult. Applications may be made for, but are not limited to, grants towards the maintenance costs of longer stays at museums and other study centres so as to achieve work that would not otherwise have been attempted. Recipients of awards must have been admitted as members of the School before receiving their grants and must submit a short report on the use of the grant by 30th April the following year.
The next round of application will open in 2019.
- Aikaterini Velentza (University of Southampton) 17/18
- Gian Piero Milani (University of Oxford) 17/18
- Peter B. Campbell (BSR) 17/18
- Jorge Manuel Herrera (Honor Frost Foundation) 15/16
- Zisis Fotakis (Hellenic Naval Acaddemy) 15/16
- Steven JohnVasilakis (University of Sydney) 14/15
- British School Library 14/15
- Julia Leikin (School of Slavonic and East European Studies, UCL) 13/14
- Ioannis Triantafyllidis (Laboratory of Marine Sciences, University of Piraeus) 13/14