The School Teacher Fellowship at the British School at Athens is offered each year to enable a teacher to pursue a project in Greece designed to enhance their teaching (for example by researching a course, preparing teaching materials, visiting sites or using the Library). The Fellowship is non-stipendiary, and includes one week of accommodation at our Athens or Knossos base and an airfare up to £300, and may be taken at any stage of the academic year by agreement with the School Director.
The School Teacher Fellow will be required to submit a report on his/her research to the School’s Courses & Teaching Subcommittee, and to the Gilbert Murray Trust Classics Committee.
Applicants should submit the following by e-mail to the School Administrator, Mrs Tania Gerousi (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- a Curriculum Vitae
- a short proposal (1,000 words maximum)
- a reference letter from the applicant’s Head Teacher or Head of Department, as appropriate.
The deadline for applications is Friday 31 January 2020.
- David Hogg (Kelmscott School) 18/19
- Samuel Anderson (East London Science School) 17/18
- Caitlin Spencer (Repton School, Derbyshire) 16/17
- Sarah Harden (Winchester College) 15/16
- Athina Mitropoulos (Cranleigh School, Surrey) 14/15
- James Bryan (Newcastle Sixth Form College) 13/14